Like two of our signature events Tri-Cities Jazz & Arts Expo and Ujamaa, @kmosspresents loves creating spaces that are educational and entertaining. Part of rebranding as @kmosspresents is to create a similar culture on our social media.
GET #homeschoolhelp HERE!
Our goal is to share content that helps people connect with purpose. For themselves. For their children.
Education. Inspiration. Attainment.
From the story of Christian Cooper’s stewardship over and uncompromising stance for his rights in The Ramble in New York City’s Central Park, @twitter users spotlighted other Black Birdwatchers and the importance of diversity in birdwatching.
This provides the perfect cross-subject activity for parents looking for interesting, relevant #homeschool material.
1. Start with an internet article about the incident.
2. Then, have your student google Central Park rules for The Ramble and New York City laws, rules, policies and procedures for public parks.
3. Engage a discussion about the laws, social, and safety issues that pertain to this incident.
4. Talk about how The Ramble is significant to birdwatching.
5. Transition to a discussion about birdwatching for fun and birdwatching for science. Make predictions by comparing and contrasting.
6. Google the word that means the study of birds.
7. Research careers, civic and business opportunities in ornithology.
8. Conclude with a writing or journal activity about what they learned.
9. @JasonWardNY is an avid birdwatcher with a series on @youtube entitled “Birds of North America.” Use his video series as a resource. You can even support his work: paypal.me/JasonWardBirds
10. For students interested in business or to add business ethics and/or business citizenship to the lesson, google the company where Amy Cooper was employed - @franklintempleton. Find out what their website says about their company core values. Talk about it. Write about it. Have fun!
#kmosspresents #socialstudies #science #STEM #reading #writing #business #corporatecitizenship #ethics #fun #homeschoolhelp
Follow us in Twitter: @kmosspresents